Monday, January 21, 2008

Baby set #2 finished!

The peachy baby set, consisting of a lacy sweater and Saartje's booties are finished! The lace turned out really nice and not too frilly.










The absolute worst part of the sweater was blocking, as each picot on the edge had to be pinned down. They are still wily little suckers and keep flipping up.










The brown sock yarn was leftover from some plain brown socks. I used it as a contrast color on the booties, and figured I'd use up the rest on the optional I-cord for the sweater. Then the I-cord was getting ridiculously (and probably dangerously) long, so I had to quit. Long story short, there's still some left!! There was also a tiny bit of peach left at the end of the body, which wasn't enough for a sleeve, so there's a wee bit o' peach also leftover. And look at the huge amount of peach yarn left still! Baby clothes are not good for stash-depletion. I need some bigger, fatter friends.

1 comment:

tina said...

oooooooooooh that is the sweetest thing ever! I can't wait to see it in person!