Monday, January 28, 2008

calculations

After doing the math, I realized I'll need to knit 300 to 400 grams of yarn per month to use it up by the end of the year. Faster, if I want to buy any yarn this year (eeeee!). So far I've been focusing on the fingering yarn, so it is quite slow. So far for January I've used 334 grams, plus 50 grams in the kangaroo, for a total of 384 grams! There are 3679 grams remaining, from 4063 grams initially.

I'll try to figure out how to post a chart showing the progress. This reminds me of a patient satisfaction survey at the hospital last year, where employees would get a bonus if the satisfaction was high enough. Satisfaction was represented by a humongo pic of a thermometer, which was supposed to get hotter and hotter as patient satisfaction rose (a poor metaphor, in my opinion). This chart was never updated, so either people couldn't get no satisfaction, or someone just didn't feel like drawing in the extra temperature with red marker every week. I'll never know, as I was not a potential recipient of said bonus...

No comments: