Tuesday, January 22, 2008

First finished yarn


Hooray! The first yarn to be completely used up is the brown sock yarn from Trekking.


The first project with this yarn was a pair of plain brown socks for my husband. I knit them toe-up and planned to use up the yarn, then I got sick of 2x2 ribbing and stopped.












The second project was the peachy baby set, with the brown as the contrast color on the booties and a matching I-cord on the sweater. This left a tiny smidge of yarn.







Last but not least, I used the rest as scrap yarn to use in provisional cast-on for some toe socks. This is the first ball of sock or fingering weight yarn I've ever used up in my life! In fact, I didn't even have enough to use for the second sock, so used some of another sock yarn. The toe socks are made with cotton pinkish sock yarn. The plan is to knit "toe-up," and then add the toes on at the end, when I get sick of doing 2x2 rib on the leg, as usual.

No comments: