Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Never-ending fingering weight yarn


For starters, I'm using up the un-fugly parts of the stash. I'm knitting baby items for 2 friends, and have yet to finish a ball of yarn! In fact, I have little bits of yarn leftover from every single fingering weight / sock weight project I've ever done, and I think it's physically impossible to use it up an entire ball. Some digging revealed a half-frogged glove still attached to black fingering weight yarn, from 10 years ago!

The MintChoc set includes booties and a capelet so far. The capelet was supposed to use up the yarn, but there's barely a dent in the 2 balls of knit picks palette yarn! It seems too itchy to make a baby hat or headband. The best idea I have so far is a snake (my friend has a pet snake, in addition to baby), which can be made as long as the yarn lasts.

The peachy set also includes booties (Saartje's), and a lacy sweater in progress, both from more knit picks palette yarn. The recipient will be born in May, so the sweater needs to be somewhat airy. Again, not a dent in the yarn, although I'm over halfway done with the sweater. Bonus--I'm using the remnants of a brown sock yarn for the booties, and an I-cord for the sweater. The bright idea being that the I-cord can be as long as necessary to use up the brown yarn.

No comments: