Friday, March 28, 2008

Quasi FO! Broken heat gloves

I made some fingerless gloves for my husband, so he could type when our heat was broken.

But good news! The heat is working again! Oh, and it's not that cold anymore. I learned, after living in this house for three years, that the filter for the furnace is supposed to be changed every three months. The dude who came to fix the furnace looked at me like I was really quite stupid, and he was right. I was going to take a picture of the dirty filter, but then thought it might be too too gross, and sort of like showing someone the tissue after you blow your nose.

At least the gloves are done! Sort of. I still have to weave in ends on one of the gloves, but they're pretty much ready to be, um, packed up and put away for next winter.

The yarn is Dream in Color Classy. The pattern is Sock Monkey Fingers Popped Out, by Knitphomaniac, which is the same as the one I adapted for the monkey gloves. As usual, I couldn't resist putting in some cables.

I just have a few minutes of weaving in ends. The best thing about gloves (and socks) is that they never have to be blocked. Woohoo!

No comments: