Monday, March 17, 2008

Sloooow socks

Wow, these knee socks are taking bloody forever (and ever, and ever, and ever). For the one and only time in my life, I feel like my legs are too long. My only consolation is that when I'm done, I'll be done, and won't have to knit the second sock. Here they are, hanging out on the doorknob:

Today I finally got past the fattest part of the (potato-picking peasant) calf, so I feel somewhat encouraged. The remaining balls of yarn are dangerously small, small enough for the ball bands to keep slipping off. If I run out, I may have to--gasp--buy some more yarn to finish the project. Of course, that will be the beginning of the end...who can resist buying a hamperload of yarn from knitpicks, y'know, to get the free shipping?

1 comment:

tina said...

I hear yarn weakness encroaching upon your formerly stalwart self!!!

I have another two inches on my socks, yours are by comparison speedy little devils! And lovely!