Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Starting over, again

The ginormous chenille blanket is proving quite a challenge. After the initial failed felting and knitting attempts, the crochet was going pretty well. But the more I crocheted, the more cardboard-like it became. The blanket was just like a fuzzy piece of cardboard, and didn't quite drape the way a blanket should. And the cables looked awful, just like corrugations on the cardboard.

So, again, I frogged, and started over with a new hook, courtesy of RMS. Isn't it so pretty, like a jewel or jolly rancher? Dunno what the size is, except huge!

The new fabric is a lot softer and drape-ier, and in general much more pleasing. Bonus, the crocheting is faster, the bigger the hook! Size does matter after all... Here's the new blanket so far. Hopefully I can get it done by the end of the month, as I've only met one of my March goals so far.

No comments: