Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Black Yarn Swap

Although I've been so good about stash-busting, I figure it's ok to buy yarn, if it's for someone else :). Hence, the Black Yarn Swap. The swap involves sending someone else some black yarn, a pattern, and other goodies. So exciting! There's a blog set up for the swap, here. I've added a button to the right, if anyone else is interested. There are a few questions to help us pick the right stuff to send to our swap partners. Here are my answers:

1. Do you knit, crochet, or both? I knit and crochet, but much prefer knitting
2. What do you prefer to knit or crochet? (socks? sweaters? cables?) What would you like to try to knit or crochet? I'd like to try a dress or tank, something lacy and fitted
3. What are your hobbies outside of knitting or crocheting? yoga, reading, cooking. Also I am a neurologist, which is a quasi-hobby/all-consuming job
4. Do you have any fiber allergies? Fiber preferances? No allergies, but cannot tolerate itchy wool!! I'm interested in trying bamboo, soy, or milk yarns
5. Do you have any favourite books, music, or tv shows? If so, what are they? Fave books--too numerous. Fave music--I can only sing along, I can never remember who the artist is. Fave TV shows--LOST, Alias, proj. runway, twin peaks, freaks & geeks
6. Do you have any pets? One beautiful cat, Camembert
7. Do you prefer salty or sweet snacks? Salty!!!
8. Do you prefer coffee or tea? Coffee
9. Aside black, which colours do you like/dislike? Love almost all colors except the brown/beige variety. Also, I've done too much pink and yellow recently
10. What is your favourite time of the year? (season-wise or holiday-wise) Autumn/start of school year
11. What is your favourite scent? Chanel Chance. Also, I love the smell of drying cement! And cilantro.
12. What do you collect? books.

Will keep everyone updated! I'm so thrilled about potentially getting new yarn!! And--ahem--sending some to someone else.

No comments: