Monday, April 7, 2008

Parallelogram progress

I've finished the two cones of yarn on the ginormous chenille blanket! There's a similar amount on yarn knit double-stranded into this plain stockinette...weird unfinished thing. So that will need to be frogged and turned into the rest of the blanket.





Here's the blanket so far:

If you look carefully, you'll notice it's not artfully draped diagonally across the sofa. It is diagonal. Oops. Somehow my crocheting keeps leaning westward. There's no hope for blocking it straight, as I learned when I first tried to felt this yarn, since there's no wool in the yarn. At this point there's no point in fighting this blanket anymore, so I've decided to roll with the punches and make it a parallelogram blanket. It's so square to be square, anyway.

The cables are photographing a bit better with more sun. I finally got a decent shot today. Yay for cables!

Good news: spring is really, truly, sort of here! I cut some branches off the crabapple tree to force some blossoms, and I was actually successful at some sort of gardening activity!

Not that there was much forcing involved--the branches on the tree are on the verge of blossoming in the next couple days too.

1 comment:

Team Knit ! said...

That blanket is looking gorgeous, and I love that yarn- so plush looking!

- Julie