Monday, May 5, 2008

Lost and Found

Hooray! My suitcase, with my knitting inside, has been found in Chicago!

Even better...I unpacked my carry-on, and found my Le Petit Prince case with knitting tools in it! I guess there is some benefit to haphazardly throwing stuff into suitcases, instead of the usual over-planned, organized packing. It was tangled in there with various bikini halves, hats, books, etc, and it made me realize, that from now on, I'm going to pack last minute. And never, ever, check luggage again.

And now I know that my stitch holders (which are much more potentially lethal than knitting needles, imho), dull wee little scissors, and cable needles can go in a carry-on, even international! Let's hope no one ever makes an explosive stitch counter...

2 comments:

tina said...

Explosive stitch counter......... now that is funny!

Welcome home! Hope vacay was delightful!

Lessons on lining bags eh??? :)

Anonymous said...

I've always been able to knit on flights out of the country, but not on flights back home. And I have a roughly 80 percent failure rate on checked luggage, so I don't trust the airlines anymore. I'm happy that you're back, though, and can't wait to hear more about the trip!