Monday, June 30, 2008

Baby shower

Since one of our knitting group members is almost bursting at the seams, we had a baby-shower-cum-knit-group yesterday.

First, the food.

Jackie got an Incredible Hulk cake, which, though unplanned, worked pretty well for unborn Edward, who is pretty rambunctious and feisty already.













I made a zucchini quiche from my Fairshares take this week. The recipe is from How to Cook Everything Vegetarian by Mark Bittman, which I love. (And if you've noticed that I love every cookbook I mention on here, that's because I don't use the ones I don't like.) There was even extra filling leftover to make another whole crustless quiche.










Tammy brought yummy cheesy roll-ups.











Jenna did a bunch of planning and also made this cute foamy punch, complete with rubber ducky!















Lenora sort of brought monkey bread with chocoloate chips

And I don't know who brought the pastries, but they were good too.

















Silvana brought a bunch of finger foods, including dolmas, spicy breadsticks, hummus, and salad caprese with basil from her garden!












I didn't get a picture of RMS's fruit tart because it was covered, but here she is, wearing a sweater she just finished. It has awesome black and white patterning at the waist, as well as striped ribbing on the sleeves.

The other person wearing a handknit was Lenora, who was wearing a hemp (I think) raglan short-sleeve sweater in a seafoam color. She looks nice and grandmotherly (which she is), but she also says the most outrageously naughty things and gets away with it.

Well sometimes the guest of honor says some outrageous things too, but they will be censored here. Here's Erica, loving the baby blanket Lenora knitted. That's made of sock yarn, and would take mere mortals *years* to knit.

All in all, we had a great time, and got ridiculously high on sugar. It was so fun in fact, that I didn't really mind that I forgot to take my knitting!

2 comments:

tina said...

I'm so glad you posted shower pics. I'm sorry to have missed it but it WAS Pride Sunday y'know. Some things just must be celebrated first!!!

I can't wait to hear all of the details.

Mommabear said...

Wow thanks for shareing the celebration with me! Looks like fun! Huggs marion