At long last, it's all finished!!! (Cue majestic music and joyous dancing). The last project is--you guessed it--a cat toy. All the little scraps of yarns needed to get used up, so I just tied them all together and made a seamless mouse. The baby/fingering weight yarn was used doubled, and the rest of the yarns were all worsted or aran, so it worked out fine with size 6 needles. Here it is, in progress.
For a few months I'd saved the little snippets of yarn from cutting ends, and laced it with a hefty dose of catnip to use for stuffing. There wasn't enough stuffing, so I unraveled all my old swatches, cut them up, and used that too. Let me tell you, that was a fun frogging session!
I started and ended with the only "real" yarn that was left, the Peach Knitpicks Palette. I used it all up on the I-cord tail, realized I needed to save some for the provisional cast on for the next project, and ripped out a couple yards. And then I pulled the yarn through, and...Voila!
The mouse is pretty big, almost rat-sized. I forgot to weigh everything beforehand, but no matter. I don't need to weigh any stinkin' yarn anymore! Cause this is what my stash looks like:(The bin is a shoe-box sized one, not a huge packing bin).
Holy mole, the stash is really gone! I feel free, and a little lost.