Saturday, August 2, 2008

Knitting surprise!

I was pretty excited about my Ravelry shirt arriving yesterday, but not nearly as excited about getting a package from the Black Yarn Swap! I got a prize, just for participating in the swap! Woohoo!

It's a box from knitphomaniac (who organized the swap) filled with little knitting goodies, like row counters, stitch holders, yarn needles, post-its, yarn bobbins, and stitch markers. I actually need a bunch of those things, but had been putting off buying them, so I'm happy. This is especially true for the bobbins, because the next thing I want to learn is argyle. There were also chocolates (gone!) and windchimes.

Coincidentally, I just cast on a project with the black yarn and pattern from the swap, from Beeknitter. It's my first dress! The pattern is Corinne Dress, by Stephanie Earp. So far I'm just on the bottom ruffle, which is very tedious, but I'm looking forward to the main part of the dress.
I'm hoping to finish before I cast on a new big project for the Ravelympics, so I need to knit like the wind!

2 comments:

Mommabear7@sbcglobal.net said...

Wow looks like its gonna be pretty pretty pretty! Dont think i could take all that black yarn!!! Swap stuff is nice thanks for shareing! Marion

tina said...

If you get this dress finished before Friday I think I will have to smack you!!! I mean, you are thin and all so it IS less knitting, but still....................