Monday, August 11, 2008

Ravelympics progress

Due to travel, I totally forgot to cast on for the Ravelympics during the actual olympics opening ceremony! But a flight delay gave me some time to catch up on the Urbane sweater. So far, I have knitted the torso part to just below where the armholes end. Woohoo!
This means that the annoying part where there are three different sections (and three things of yarn getting tangled) is finally over! It's knitted top-down, in the round, so it'll be tried on periodically to make sure it fits perfectly. I'm basing the construction on the directions in Knitting from the Top by Barbara Walker, which is very ramble-y but weirdly organized and quite sensible. The directions on shaping shoulders with short rows alone justify having this book.

I'm so impressed by all the people who have already finished their Ravelympics projects! Well, and also the real olympics athletes. I wonder if there are any olympians on Ravelry?

7 comments:

Mommabear7@sbcglobal.net said...

Im so so impressed by all your knitting! And your way with words, you are my hero! Love your blog! Thanks for being here. God Bless Marion

tina said...

The photo, while good, does not begin to show how handsome this sweater is and how yummy the yarn!!!

soknitpicky said...

It's looking good already!

emicat said...

That's gonna be one nice lookin sweater!!! Look forward to seeing the final result :)

chaoticcrafter said...

It's beautiful so far, I bet it'll be absolutely gorgeous when it's finished! Looks like you're making good progress in the Ravelympics...maybe some of your drive will rub off on me!

Team Knit ! said...

It is looking so awesome so far!! You'll definitely be finished in time. I love the ravelympics, don't you?! ;)

- Julie

gillberk said...

The sock that I started on the way home from Wisconsin last Friday (the opening day of the Ravelympics) was my Sock Put entry. It is a crocheted sock using the same pattern as the Spring Socks and using the same yarn - Cascade Fixation. Unfortunately even the stretch of the Fixation was no match for the circumference of my calf.
--------
Gillberk

WORD OF MOUTH