Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Uh oh

Perhaps I shouldn't have taken on a full man's sweater in skinny yarn design-and-knitting for the Ravelympics. And maybe I should have realized that the olympics are just over 2 weeks, and that I'd be traveling for all the weekends. In other words, the Urbane sweater may not be finished in time to get a Ravelympics medal. :(

But, the neckband (which had to be redone, arrgh!) and the shoulder caps are done, so from now on it's easy sailing. No nasty picking up stitches, short rows, or other such slower-downers. Here it is so far.

Yup, there are three balls of yarn attached right now, which is not annoying at all. The sleeves will be done together on magic loop, then I'll plan to use up the rest of the yarn on the torso, hoping that there's enough yarn and time to get it done. Send me some cheers!

5 comments:

soknitpicky said...

Rah, rah, rah! :-)

Mommabear7@sbcglobal.net said...

You can do it, Yes you can, You can do it, on the Lamb! Ok OK im corny. Cheers! I do have faith! God Bless Marion

Team Knit ! said...

the sweater looks amazing so far- maybe if you clear this weekend of tasks you can do it?

Even if you don't complete it, it's still going to be great!

- Julie

granny said...

well if anything, it looks pretty so far!
i like the color!

tina said...

It is completely gorgeous, or should I say handsome???? I love it.

I am sending you good juju to get that buddy done........