Sunday, August 31, 2008

Urbane sweater progress

You've probably noticed that there haven't been any real knitting posts in a while. Well look what's done!!

That's right, 95% of the Urbane sweater is done! Close, but no cigar quite yet.

It takes a good hour per inch of torso, and the only thing keeping me going is that there will be NO seaming when I'm done. Thank goodness for top-down seamless sweaters. The sweater looks awfully skinny, but the ribs relax a lot during blocking, so it'll look more normal when it's done, promise.

I couldn't resist casting on with the Jojoland Melody sock yarn. I'm planning to make the Knotty or Knice socks from the 2008 Fall Interweave Knits (ravelry link here), but the pattern looks really big (72 stitches around the ankle!). I always do the toe the same way anyway, so I'll mull it over until the toes are done, then go from there.
Once the toes are both done, they'll migrate over to some circular needles. I recently broke both size 0 and size 1 circs (stupid bamboo!), and Tina was kind enough to lend me her size 1's, so I can do the socks two at a time. Oh I cannot wait until the sweater is done!!

5 comments:

tina said...

The Urbane sweater is stunning in person..... I know you will get it done soon and it will be gorgeousness.

Funny----- the yarn looks so much better in person------ it is the softness of it that really won me over.

mooncalf said...

Your sweater looks great. I can't believe you've knit it so quickly. Looking forward to seeing the finished version...

CraftyCarole said...

the sweater is beautiful.

72 stitches at the ankle... that's crazy. I have to look at my mag to see that pattern...I'm afraid I'd have elephant ankles!

soknitpicky said...

Sweater looks great! Can't wait for the full shots

Rachel said...

Wow, that sweater is GORGEOUS! I'm going to have to Ravel that . . .

Yeah, I know what you mean about the socks. 64 stitches on size 1's is about as wide as I like to get, personally. 72 sounds HUGE!