Saturday, September 27, 2008

FO: Market bag


Whew! Finally home! I have lots of great photos and yarn store visits to share, but for now, just a little FO before heading to bed.

This is the Ilene Bag (free Ravelry PDF link), by Hannah Ingalls of iknityouknot. Needle size was US 7. I used three balls of Rowan Bamboo Tape, which I had gotten from LittleMii, from a yoga swap on Ravelry. This bag was a quick, fun knit, and I love the way the bamboo tape knit up into a drapey, stretchy, mesh fabric.

The only modification was not knitting the handle continuously with the body, because I ran out of yarn just as I finished the body of the bag. There was a bit of dark blue grosgrain leftover from this onesie I made a while back, and there was just enough to make two little handles. This way, it's easier to drape the bag on one arm and throw in veggies and fruits with the other hand.

But right now, the bag contains something even better! Check back tomorrow for pictures of the yarny goodies inside!

6 comments:

emicat said...

Great bag! Look forward to seeing what kind of goodies you came back with.

VeganCraftastic said...

Very pretty colors!

Mommabear7@sbcglobal.net said...

Love the bag I would love to knit that! Marion

Team Knit ! said...

Your market bag is awesome! I love the colours you chose, and the handles look nice and sturdy, they were a good choice.

- Julie

tina said...

Love the bag---- welcome home!

mooncalf said...

That looks great. I'm impressed by your choice of project for the yarn - inspired! :)