Friday, September 19, 2008

Top-down homage

The St James sweater is knitting up so fast, especially since I haven't knitted with anything above sport weight in a few months until now. Size 7 needles and worsted yarn feel like huge, magical, wonderful objects.

The collar tie turned out fine despite my counting disability. I had combined two sizes initially, then used bust darts (does anyone else accidentally say dust barts?) for shaping, which turned out surprisingly nice.









I could not resist an homage to one of the best knitting books ever, Barbara Walker's Knitting from the Top:

2 comments:

Mommabear7@sbcglobal.net said...

You are so so fun and funny!!! Thank you for making me laugh. dust barts? LOL I just love the sweater!!! and the photo at the bottom of your post !!! Cheers! Thanks for shareing beautiful job as usual!!! Huggs and God Bless Marion

mooncalf said...

Gah - I'd just talked myself out of knitting this and now I've seen yours and I want to knit it all over again!