Thursday, October 16, 2008

Taos shawl

I have been writing for the past couple weeks. It's not blog writing, email writing, or patients' chart writing, which is all I've done for the past few years. I'm applying for a research grant, which means I have to write in full sentences, make sense, and avoid exclamation points. Holy mole! The good part is, all of this constant concentrating has turned me into an incredibly deep sleeper, and who knew how refreshing sleep could be?

Meanwhile, some knitting has been accomplished. The presidential debates are long and kind of boring enough that I can pretend to be an informed citizen, but really just get some knitting done. After this hot tranny mess of a shawl attempt:

I started the North Roe Shawl (free pattern via Ravelry), by Dodile. Since this yarn is my souvenir from Taos, this will be my Taos Shawl.

The leaves will become more open, and eventually become a very hole-y border. There's no picking up stitches or anything nasty like that, thankfully. I'm using my wonderful double decrease method, and I'm loving how all the stitches in each leaf "stem" are different colors.

Perhaps this isn't the most autumnal project, but it's never a bad time for a silk lace shawl!

2 comments:

soknitpicky said...

Good luck with your grant application! Your shawl is coming along nicely. It's so great to have souvenir yarn!

granny said...

i think its beautiful!
i do the same thing every time there is an election. haha.