Sunday, November 2, 2008

Warning:

I bound off the Lush + Lacy cardi today, and just have to weave in the rest of the ends, and buy and sew in zipper, so watch out for that soon. Yay!

Othewise, I'm going to be a bit MIA for the next month for work reasons. I'm going to be on call every other night, and won't have too much time to post. Don't fret--I stockpiled for a few projects, because I'll be doing a lot of thinking, and it's helpful to have something occupying the hands whilst thinking.

I'm going to make a jacket out of the Alpaca with a twist Highlander, with a high funnel neck and a garter stitch round yoke. And it shall be named Funnel Cake. Hee! At least I have dibs on the name. (This isn't all of this yarn, by the way. Sadly, snuggly and warm = not much yardage).

Knitty Couture had a big 1st anniversary sale yesterday, and I got some Cascade Venezia in this fuchsia to make another St James top. So soft and silky!

And I still have this yarn from Santa Fe to make my husband a very plain vest, per his request.

Oh, and I need to finish the North Roe shawl.

And socks from this.

Despite what it may look like, I am not reaccumulating a stash, promise! Really, that's all the yarn I have, except remainder partial-skeins.

So don't despair if you don't hear anything for a while...I'm working hard, and will have lots of great FOs when I get back!

6 comments:

mooncalf said...

Looking forward to seeing all your finishes when you get back. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed you don't get called out too much and get lots of thinking (and knitting) done!

donnac1968 said...

Come back soon, with lots of lovely FOs to show us!

emicat said...

Ooooh, lots of yummy yarn. We'll miss you while you're away, but we'll definitely be looking forward to some FOs!

Don't work too hard!!! :)

ern said...

i don't know how you plan so far ahead!

i have so much yarn stock piled but half of it either isn't enough to make a shirt/sweater, or is too much to make a scarf/cowl.

its a predicament i'm in.

The Elusive Loo said...

So much lovely yarn - can't wait to see the end results!

soknitpicky said...

Wow, does q2 call still exist?! Are you, perchance, doing your neurosurg rotation? Take good care of yourself and I hope you have a chance for some knitting