Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry holiday!

Holiday madness with its knitting obligations has really made my posting sparse. Now that I'm back to "normal" knitting (ie like a madwoman), hopefully I can get back into the swing of things.

Today, my knit group had an extra holiday get-together. What a lovely day! My knit group usually meets on Sundays, sort of like church for us, so it wasn't that much of a stretch to meet up on Christmas. Tina wrote us up on her blog for her Contrisstmas series--aren't we a wonderful bunch? We had yummy food, including fresh POP-overs by Silvana, and got a whole bunch of knitting done. RMS knitted a whole hat, and the frogged the whole thing!

I knitted, oh, an inch or so on a very plain vest for DH. I'm just past where the front and back are joined. (It's top-down.)

The gauge, on US 3 needles, is 6.25 stitches per inch, 9.5 rows per inch. Sigh...and...oh my aching wrists! The stockinette is boring, but perfect for making conversation during knit group.

I hope you all had a merry and knitterly holiday!

1 comment:

tina said...

I missed you all dearly and hope it was a lovely day!!!