Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Belated blogoversary

I kept reminding myself about the yoelknits blogoversary on January 15th, and then completely missed it! When I started this blog, it was to use up my yarn stash, and I actually did it! Of all the FO's in year one, my favorite is a toss-up between the kangaroos (Jill and Joey) and the St James tops (crimson and purple). I really must have like them if I made a second one!


















































Apparently, the rest of the knitting world's favorite--at least as measured by the number of "fave" hearts on Ravelry--is the needle case. This is hilarious, because I use my straight needles only for filling up the needle case.
















This year, the goals are to avoid accumulating any stash yarn at all, and secondarily, to make more wearable projects for myself. Here's to a FO-filled year two!

8 comments:

knitwit said...

Good luck with not accumulating stash!

Rachel said...

Good luck with your resolutions, and congrats on your blogiversary!

orata said...

Happy blogiversary! Your stashbusting is truly inspirational.

soknitpicky said...

Congratulations! You have set the bar high :-)

mooncalf said...

happy blogiversary! All your FOs are gorgeous. My favourite is the kangaroo but the photo of your needle case is gorgeous so I can see why it gets so many hearts. Here's to the next year of blogging!

sula said...

Happy belated blogiversary! So glad you and your kangaroos decided to join us (and inspire some stash-busting!).

tina said...

Happy Happy Happy (albeit belated) Blogiversary!

You know I think you are just the bestest of the best!!!!!!

Here's to another great year!!!!

emicat said...

Oh wow, how did I miss that needle holder? Totally cool! I plan to knit from my stash more this year too, but am reserving that task until after next weekend (because there are some yarns from vendors I don't usually get to see coming into town). After that though, I plan to get through some of my sock yarn stash! :)

Here's to another successful year!