Monday, February 9, 2009

Happy

The weather is unseasonably warm and balmy--truly a balm for the soul and brain. I'm suddenly filled with such optimism and hope, and my brain has thawed and works better. Like all the work and non-work responsibilities and obligations that had been so overwhelming seem do-able. It has been a happy couple of days.

On the knitting front, more happiness. I finished the body on Vivian up to the big join with the sleeves for the yoke. Yay!

Of course, that means it's time to knit the sleeves. Here is one cuff so far. I'm contemplating starting the other sleeve, then doing them at the same time on magic loop. For normal stockinette sleeves that's my usual process, but with all this cabling and seed stitch shenanigans, I don't know how that will look.

Having somewhat freakishly short arms, I was hemming and hawing over how to shorten the arms without messing up the cables, which continue up the arms, across the shoulders, and on top of the hood. So I was really excited to find a Vivian KAL group on Ravelry, moderated by Ysolda, the designer. And she answered this exact question!

Lastly, I finally got one of my coats re-lined. I'd been putting it off for a couple years, feeling like I had to wait to find the perfect fabric and learn how to line a coat. Then I decided to just take it to someone who does it professionally. I asked for a fun pattern and trusted she'd do a good job. LOOK!
Little fashionistas! I smile every time I put on my coat.

7 comments:

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

wow on both points!!!

VeganCraftastic said...

I love that lining!

soknitpicky said...

Vivian is looking great! And so is that coat lining!

tina said...

well first of all, you know that I am going to LOVE the lining on the coat. It is fabulous. That is a heinous job (I don't like to do such things) to do so kudos for having it done for you! Now secondly, I just have to call you a big old "B" for getting that far in your sweater.

sigh.

It is wonderful though, can't wait to see it!

sula said...

Mmm, your Vivian is going to be wonderful. And what a great solution for your coat!!

Rachel said...

Wow, that sweater is really coming along beautifully, and that sweater lining idea is amazing!

emicat said...

Ooh, I love that blue - it's coming along! and the fabric lining in the coat is awesome! Love it!

BTW, I've nominated you for a blog award!