Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter FO

What a nice, quiet little bowl of eggs. But, uh oh, what is that crack on the big egg?

Eek! A foot!

More squishy green bits!

Et voila--a chicken!

This too-clever pattern is Which Came First, by Anna Hrachovec (mochimochiland). I used lots of leftover yarns, including the white and pink wool from Fair Enough and February girl sweater, green bamboo from these gauntlets aka hobo gloves, and gray wool from the Very plain vest. The only mods I made to the pattern were making the egg/chicken shorter because I ran out of yarn, knitting the wings flat instead of round (and knitting only half the stitches), and adding a comb to the chicken.

Without the comb, it wasn't clear what type of animal this was. (It probably didn't help in this regard that I used green yarn, but I have no yellow yarn, and I think green is Easter-ish and springy.) Besides, the philosophical conundrum is not about the egg and the chick, but the egg and the chicken.

Happy Easter, all!

9 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

love it!

knitwit said...

Oh too funny! Reminds me of popples from the 80s. Now I have a strange urge to make one. This is your fault somehow. Happy easter!

Sereknitty said...

Adorable!

e said...

hahaha!!
that's great! super cute.

tina said...

I want to SEE this little chicken-let. As you know, being in the chicken way myself I think this one might have to join the big ole momma! Cute as pie!

Team Knit ! said...

what an awesome Easter fo!! So adorable.

- Julie

Rachel said...

Ooo, that's great!

The Elusive Loo said...

That is brilliant! I love these clever inside out patterns!

sweetp said...

I love this!!!