Saturday, April 4, 2009

Royal mail

It's a busy month at work, so posts are going to be rather sparse. I'm chugging away on Golden Poplar:

I'm knitting both sides at once so it's even slower, but at least it's to the point where the picture has to be vertical rather than horizontal. The waist shaping with the smaller needles actually shows, so I'm pleased about that. Since there are 4 balls of yarn going at once, there's quite a bit of untagling time in addition to knitting time. It's going to be a long, slow knit.

So it's time for another treat! I got three Royal Mail packages today! Two are a small part of a recent Etsy binge, and one is from Mooncalf (make do and mend)!

She generously sent me Rowan Denim to make the Pleated Denim Purse from Boutique Knits (Laura Irwin). This yarn is hard to find around here, and I'm psyched to actually use the prescribed yarn for a project!

Here's her version so far, pre-washing, and I'm waiting with baited breath to see how it turns out after it's denim-fied in the drier. She also included orange tic tacs, which are also not available in the US (the orange ones here are not the same). Yay! Thanks Mooncalf!!

4 comments:

That's a 7-letter Deborah, never a Deb said...

Knitorious carries Rowan denim.

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

oh how cool!!! My 8 yr old is just now starting to save stamps from around the world. I'm asking anyone I can to send me stamps (sending everyone a self stamped envalope) Love your knitting and courage to do 4 balls at once!!! Huggs Marion

Team Knit ! said...

fun packages in the mail!! Always a treat. that little purse is too cute.

- Julie

mooncalf said...

Wow - I can't believe it got to you so quickly!

Glad you liked the tictac and I'm looking forward to seeing your little purse. I'm quite curious to see what you bought on Etsy too...