Tuesday, April 7, 2009

WIP: Denim pleated purse

I got going with the gift yarn that mooncalf sent me. Denim Pleated Purse is so quick and easy! Until one gets to the seaming, which was dreadful. I was really excited about how Rowan Denim shrinks only vertically in the washer and dryer. Here's the before

and the after (I made the scale the same).

It looks exactly the same! All of my felting and other knit-shrinking experiments have all gone completely wrong. Well, it's still cute. Now there's a lot of busywork left, including lining the bag and attaching a handle and charms. The background in the second photo is the gingham-ish fabric I'm planning to use. The other option is a silvery-blue silky fabric. Comment and let me know which fabric I should use, and whether I should use silver, gold, or leather handle/charms.

4 comments:

mooncalf said...

But did it get shorter?

I really like the choice of gingham for the lining. I think it gives it a kind of country look with the denim. V cool.

You have a selection of charms? I like the idea of the leather ones - although I suppose you don't want to get too cowgirl with it...

donnac1968 said...

The gingham is cute and perfect for Spring with that blue.

e said...

it looks awesome!!

tina said...

Cute! And isn't it funny when the best plans go awry! So it goes....