Sunday, May 31, 2009

Resume

Sorry for the totally unplanned blogging and knitting break! It's been a very busy couple weeks, with lots of work stuff, repainting the house, (trying to) install light fixtures, etc. Little knitting has been accomplished, and most definitely no finishing of knitted objects has taken place. I even missed knit night due to the failed stupid light fixture installation. I will never, ever, buy another house if there is any hint that the prior owners did their own electrical work (unless they are electricians). Meanwhile, DH was busy planning a party:

It was a very tasty red velvet cake. Many lovely people came, including some knitters, and a good time was had by all. I am now old (30), and feeling woefully unaccomplished. Cammy, on the other hand, turned 10, and is very accomplished in many ways, primarily cuteness.

Otherwise, the weather has gone from sort-of, sometimes-cold spring to most-definitely summer. I got to sit out by the pool today, and picked up Buttercup after a long break. Sadly, two birds (or one really evil bird) pooped on me within 10 minutes of each other. So I called it a day, came inside, knitted on the couch wearing a swimsuit, and drank a raspberry beer. Ah, summer!

11 comments:

Rose Red said...

Happy Birthday! What an amazing looking cake!

(and if 30 is old, then I must be positively ancient!!) Enjoy your dotage!

Team Knit ! said...

Happy Birthday!! That cake looks incredible, and Cammy looks so cute!

- Julie

mooncalf said...

Happy birthday! I love your spotty cake.

I heartily recommend turning 30. Best thing I ever did. Thirties are so much better than twenties in so many ways!

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

First Happy Birthday!!! Enjoy being 30, really its not that bad! My oldest daughter is 30 and had a rough time but she lived through it lol. Your cake is beautiful!!! Glad you had a nice time. Your kitty is beautiful! ok after all this work I would love to see your house? I dream (and I am 53) of owning my own house. We own a mobile home and I dont think that counts lol. Huggs and God Bless you sweetie!!!

The Elusive Loo said...

Happy (late) Birthday! I was always told that a bird pooping on you was lucky, so you must have twice as much luch!

e said...

that cake looks delicious!!

Rachel said...

Lovely cake, and Happy Birthday!

tina said...

dammit I missed the CAKE!

emicat said...

Happy Birthday!!! LOVE the cake!!!

As I've yet to be a homeowner, that's definitely a good tip to know before you buy a home.

glad to see you're back - we've missed ya!

P.S. Your kitty is awesome :)

Priscilla said...

Happy belated birthday from me, too. 30 really isn't so bad, but I think I enjoyed turning 40 even more. (Not sure what I will feel about turning 50, though.)

Anyway, I just wanted to let you know that I nominated your blog for a Kreativ Blogger award this morning on my blog. I have really enjoyed following both your destashing efforts and your beautiful knitting over the past year and half.
http://byhookorneedles.blogspot.com

Thea said...

happy birthday! what a cool cake - don't feel bad about being 30. I'm 41 and unaccomplished and still pretty happy. Time to adjust the expectations :-), that's all.