Monday, May 18, 2009

WIP: Buttercup

Well, so much for making myself finish all those pending projects. Fueled by the need to have an easy, portable project for plane travel, I started another top. This one is Buttercup (ravelry link), by Heidi Kirrmaier, which I'm knitting with the new organic cotton (Simply Cotton Sport) from Knitpicks. So far the yarn is soft and not too sheddy, and the swatch held up pretty well in the washing machine, so we'll see how the whole shirt does when it's done. The color (ginger) is lighter than expected, and rather flesh-like. Hopefully it won't turn out too grotesque when I have it on (ie one of those creepy "OMG she's not wearing a shirt!, oh wait, she is" kind of situations).

Sadly, I ended up not knitting anything on a plane at all this past weekend, because there was freak tornado weather in the midwest. So my flight got delayed several times before it was cancelled altogether, and the earliest I could get to the destination was 24 hours later. Since that would mean less than a day at the actual destination, I called it a day and came home, and worked on work stuff and on the garden instead. I missed the first surprise birthday party someone has ever planned for me, and a big graduation, and seeing lots of good people. A big ole bummer of a weekend!

I'm thinking maybe I should try to get all these pending projects finished up in time for my 30th birthday, to start the decade anew. Also, it's getting too hot to wear the golden poplar...

3 comments:

e said...

i'm having slight problems finishing things too. i have 2 things on the go right now (which is 1 more than i ever usually have on the go at once) and all i want to do is just start something new!

soknitpicky said...

Oh, I'm sorry things didn't work out with your plans for the weekend. Thank goodness you were not already in the air when the bad weather started, though

Team Knit ! said...

I hope you're knitting mojo comes back soon! If you're not in love with Buttercup, you should put it on hold for a bit and start something else- I have tonnes of WIPs languishing in the background, but it's always the new projects that keep me knitting the most.

- Julie