Monday, July 13, 2009

FO: Little Liza Jane

You've gotta love baby knits. Especially little baby knits. They are quick and always cute! This is Little Liza Jane from the most recent Twist Collective. It's 2:0 for the Twist now (including Vivian), and I'm starting to think I should knit only Twist projects, or join the Twist, or buy Twisty shares, or do the Twist, or something.

The yarn is Babyboo, by Knit one Crochet Too, a squishy combination of bamboo and nylon. I love the slight shimmer-without-scratchiness in this yarn. I used a few inchest short of 3 balls--even the swatch was frogged to finish the edging! The bottom edge looks crocheted but is a fancy cast-on, and I did single-crochet around the neck/arm-holes instead of knitting 1 row (wtf!) as written. I used US size 2 needles instead of the recommended 4, since even when I got gauge the dress looked way too big.

The buttons on top are plain old clear buttons. I've let too many projects languish because of lack of time to find the right notions, and I'm afraid the recipient of this lil dress might grow out of it soon!

6 comments:

mooncalf said...

Very cute - looks like a fun knit too.

I'm adding it to my list of things-to-knit-if-friends'-baby-is-a-girl

Slightly hoping it is a girl as the baby-boy knits seem less fun...

Team Knit ! said...

it's adorable!! The sunny yellow, the lace detailing- it's the perfect knitted baby dress. Great job!!

- Julie

soknitpicky said...

So cute! I confess to sometimes doing the k1 row things since I'm uncoordinated with a hook and I can get the same look, but neater, that way.

VeganCraftastic said...

Super cute!

tina said...

I vote to DO the Twist. Maybe they'll be playing 60's on 6 today at CV and you can work it out. Can't wait to see it, way cute!

emicat said...

Oh that is so cute!!! Such a summery splash of color too.

I've knit a baby hat and booties so far, but it's definitely great for instant gratification, as they're such quick knits!