Sunday, August 23, 2009

FO: Brainbridge-Baltimore-Fair socks

I got the yarn in (?on) Bainbridge, worked on the socks in Baltimore, and finished them on the way to the Missouri state fair (thanks to the 3-hours-each-way ride), so these are some jet-setting, well-traveled socks!

The yarn is Blue Moon Socks that Rock in Carbon Dating. It's very squishy and fun, and would have been perfect except for the color pooling. The stitch pattern is from Mad Color Weave socks by Tina Lorin, and I like how the slipped/crossed stitches break up the pooling. Otherwise, I made these socks toe-up, with my usual toe (all my toes are the same height, so my socks' toes don't need to be pointy) and heel. Despite the fact that I start turning the heel about 1/4" earlier with each pair of socks, they are always too big. I added a column of twisted stitches/purl ribs up each side for some stretchiness too.

Hopefully this is the last pair of socks for a while. I don't really like making socks, but sock yarn is so tempting!

2 comments:

Team Knit ! said...

Those socks are awesome!! I kind of like the pooling effect.

- Julie

emicat said...

Cute socks! I think the diagonal striping from the pooling looks pretty cool!

That's quite a drive to get to the fair - thanks to your post though, I'm really looking forward to visiting the county and/or state fair coming up :)