Wednesday, September 9, 2009

A slight creepy but useful friend

Meet my new dress form! I haven't named her yet, mainly because it's so funny and creepy to call her "My Double," which is her real name, embroidered onto her chest and all. All those strange gaping body parts remind me a lot of the robots at the garbage dump in A.I. (terrible movie, do not watch! unless it's for Jude Law, then it's A-ok).

This is so exciting! I am envisioning all sorts of sewing projects, which are going to magically make themselves, now that I have My Double. Also, better knitwear photos, without random cats in the frame. I just need to pad out her boobage, wrap her with batting so she's not so robotic, and make a nice cloth cover for the whole thing.

5 comments:

Thea said...

So cool. I'm always on the lookout for one of these! At thrift stores...

VeganCraftastic said...

I have that same dummy! Mine has the opposite problem though, her bust is bigger than mine :)

tina said...

I am SO jealous. Very. Completely. Uber-so!

I'm waiting for the wondrous things that will be flying out of your creative space!!!

Rachel said...

Hee hee, you need an interesting name for something that goes about so scantily clad.

How about "Lola" :)

Anonymous said...

Boom Boom.

Actually, wasn't there some game where you combine your first pet's name with the name of the first street you live on?

Silvana