Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Crappers

The market cardi is sooo, soooo close to being done.


Look at that ginorm ribbed/cabled shawl collar! I persevered through the sleeves, even when they had to be knitted separately when the circular broke halfway. I just need to finish the 1" hem on the sleeves, and block and seam the sucker. But alas, alas, my size 7 double points are nowhere to be seen. In fact, my size 7 circs, which were with them, are also missing. So this Market Cardi will have to wait a little longer to be finished.

And, oh tragedy, my little Feather Duster shawl/scarf is also gone. Today at the usual knit night spot, I asked the cafe people and they hadn't seen any leftover knitting stuff. Arg! I remember ever-so-carefully putting away the scarf and putting it...somewhere very safe.

So I cast on for a pair of fingerless mitts at knit group, and realized when I got home that the needles I used are like 4 sizes too big. It's one of those days.

4 comments:

Thea said...

ugh. tomorrow's bound to be better -- and the market cardi looks lovely so far!

Team Knit ! said...

hopefully tomorrow will be a better knitting day!! and that cardi is going to be awesome when it's all done, for sure!

- Julie

soknitpicky said...

Oh no! Losing needles is one thing, but it's heartbreaking to lose a handknit :-( It can only get better from here, right?

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

Simply Hugs Tommarrow will be a better day!!! The cardi will be devine! God Bless Marion