Monday, November 23, 2009

FO: Greenbell hobo gloves


...as modeled by my martian doppelganger. Today I skipped the workout and still it was dark by the time I got home after work, so the FO pics had to be taken under the harsh hallway lights.  Hence the greenish cast over all.

The (free! whee!) pattern is Bluebell, by Johanna Ziegler, which is super quick and easy. Quick and easy enough that I didn't mind frogging an entire glove and reknitting it when I ran out of yarn. Mods included decreasing the stockinette section on either end (not enough yarn, short fingers), and using an "afterthought" method for the thumbs rather than the cast-off-and-pick-up-stitches method. The thumb shaping in this pattern is really great and quite suitable to actually moving one's thumbs in anatomically normal fashion. The yarn is Queensland Collection Rustic Wool DK, leftover from another pair of green hobo gloves. (Not to be confused with these green hobo gloves, or these other green hobo gloves.)

I have now declared a moratorium on green hobo gloves.

6 comments:

thea said...

the green hands match the green gloves. Which are, by the way, lovely. Gotta fave that pattern...

mooncalf said...

They're great. I love the picot edging.

Julie said...

Love 'em, they are gorgeous!! I adore the picot trim.

emicat said...

I also am loving the picot trim on the hobo gloves. I'm nowhere near where I wanted to be with holiday gift knitting, so I'm gonna have to make some changes. I've fell into a non-knitting funk and can't get my projects done (or CO for that matter) :)

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

Ok you say easy real easy? for even me. I love them!!! Marion

donnac1968 said...

Love the picot edging.