Sunday, December 27, 2009

Holiday FO: yellow vest

Another plain but colorful vest for DH.


Isn't he a handsome fellow?

The vest is knitted top-down. After where I left off in the vest-construction, all I did was waist decreases for a bit and then knit straight all the way down. Oh, yes, and added ribbing around the neck and armholes, which was tedious as always, but I must toot my own horn because didn't I do a bang-up job?


The yarn is Simply Shetland Lambswol & Cashmere, in the Cumin colorway (perfect name!). It's a bit gnarly and crunchy while knitting, but it really smooths and softens and blooms with blocking. I know some people hate boring stockinette, especially in the round, but I love making something so mindless and relaxing that turns out so smooth and drapey.

11 comments:

Siddali said...

He reminds me of 1930s Arrow Shirt advertisements. If you've ever seen one of those you'll know that it's a compliment. Arrow Shirt Men were always very keen-eyed chiseled handsome fellows who were clearly Going Places.

Silvana

VeganCraftastic said...

Snazzy! Looks like it fits him perfectly!

Julie said...

the vest looks awesome, great job!! I used to have that chat noir poster (I love the way he holds the cheese) until it got damaged in a move. It really accentuates the vest! ;)

Laura said...

Wow! your fine-gauge knitting is fantastic, and the vest fits its model to perfection. Cumin is a gorgeous color, too.

mooncalf said...

Bang up job!

Thea said...

Looks great, fits perfect! And that's an amazing color of yellow - kind of autumnal and manly. Totally works.

Have you ever seen the old Angel TV show? Your DH looks a little like on of the characters (Wesley) in these photos! (of course, Wesley was cute too.)

Allyson said...

It turned out great! I love that color and it looks fantastic on him! Great job!

Sereknitty said...

Very handsome ... both DH and the vest! Kind of a 'Clark Kent' look about him :)

emicat said...

Great job - that vest looks great on your hubby! As someone else said, he also reminded me of Wesley from the Angel/Buffy series too :)

tina said...

A perfectly handsome vest for a perfectly handsome hubster! Great job, it really looks wonderful!

betty said...

Great looking vest, and ditto on the Clark Kent comment!