Friday, January 22, 2010

Bougainvillea scarf-shawl


I rushed to add this pattern to the list of Ravelry "help for haiti" patterns. This is my first not-free pattern, because 50% (at least) of proceeds are going to Doctors without Borders (Medicins sans Frontieres). Especially as a physician, it is awful to realize there is little I can do for the terrible tragedy in Haiti except send money and good thoughts. At least with MSF I know it's going to be put to good use. And I can put this disarmingly cheerful pattern out there, a thing with feathers that perches in the soul* and on the shoulders.



Here's the link to the ravelry pattern page. It's a long shawl that narrows at the ends, so it works as a scarf too. The leaf (bract) edge is knitted at the same time as the scarf-shawl, so you don't need to pick up any stitches, and there are only the two ends to weave in. This pattern is suitable for any yarn thickness, as long as needles large enough for a loose fabric are used. Directions are given to knit up every scrap of yarn.

Please (even if you're not a raveler):



*Thank you Emily Dickinson

4 comments:

Rose Red said...

This is a great pattern! I have just bought it! Thank you!

Anonymous said...

It's a wonderful pattern. I especially like the fact that the edging is knitted with the scarf. I already have the wool picked out!

Silvana

soknitpicky said...

Very lovely pattern

公館 said...

人生中最重要的是要自尊、自愛、自立、自強、自信。 ....................................................