Tuesday, January 12, 2010

PIP (pattern in progress): Bougainvillea

Sadly it looks a bit fluorescent and so does the floor, but such are the photos taken indoors during wintertime. I am not so secretly in love with the matchy-matchiness of the circs.


This is an upcoming pattern, a narrow-shawlette-cum-scarf with a leaf edge pattern that spirals and ruffles like bougainvillea. Check back for it soon!

(from DR vacation 2 years ago)

Back when I was little and lived by bougainvillea year-round, my sister and I made bougainvillea juice. I don't remember what it tasted like, just that it took a LOT of papery purple leaves (technically, bracts), and then we still had to add water to make juice. We made it in a film canister (remember those?) and then split/spilt it. Good times!

4 comments:

Thea said...

Bouganvillea reminds me of vacation -- and living in SF. Love it. Can't wait to see the patttern!

Julie said...

that's so exciting that you're working on an original pattern- and the flowers are great inspiration. can't wait to see how it turns out!

tina said...

This project is QUITE magnificent in person------ can't wait for the pattern, it is gorgeous and I know it will be very well received.

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

Bouganvillea reminds me of when my sister and I were little and used the stamens of the flower for people and the petals for beds and blankets. Mom had a small plant next to the house and by the back gate so we would reach through the back gate to get them. What a wonderful memory thanks for reminding me! Marion