Saturday, March 27, 2010

FO: Baby bunting

Too cute, yes? As usual with baby knits, a large book is the most baby-like thing in my house, so an old edition of Merritt's Neurology is our model today. He has a strong spine and squared shoulders, and fills out the cardigan quite nicely.

The pattern is Baby Bunting (free on Ravelry) by Linden Heflin, and is a very easy top-down raglan cardigan in stockinette. The blue yarn is Knitpicks Cotlin, a combo of linen and cotton, and the beige yarn is Knitpicks simply cotton organic sport, an organic cotton. Both are leftovers from Buttercup and Akimbo, and are machine washable, and I got to use up the rest of the buttons that I got in a swap way back. So all in all this project was free and cleared out the stash, yay!

The pockets are the best part! I toyed with making small knitted things to put in the pockets, but they were all too big to fit. So some frogs decided to live there instead. Bonus points if you can find the third frog!

10 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

That is so adorable, I love the colors you chose. I see the third frog on the shoulder!

orata said...

Adorable! I love the little frog pockets!

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

Thrid frog is on the left shoulder but I want to know what I get for the bonus points? Its a beautiful little sweater!!!! May I ask who for? A gift or chairty? Marion

Had to share the word verification:
Outtabur

betty said...

I also see a 3rd frog on the shoulder. That's going be one sharp-dressed baby!

thea said...

Found the frog - adorable cardigan!

mooncalf said...

Love the frogs!!!

Julie said...

fantastic!! I love the yellow trim, and the little frog pockets- are awesome!!

Sereknitty said...

Found the 3rd frog, poking its nose over the right shoulder ... too cute!

green LA girl said...

Love the strong model! Great shoulders :)

Also -- The frogs are cute. Are you watching that Discovery channel series, LIFE? Lots of cute frogs in it -- Here's a cute vid of one that's Avatar-esque. Okay that one's actually a toad, but you get my point --

soknitpicky said...

Too cute! Yes!

Now, I would have thought Merritt's would have been too thick, but it seems like a good fit :-)