Sunday, March 14, 2010

FO-blocked

When did I start hankering to sew on buttons? When this baby cardi decided to be super-cute and then just never dry after blocking, that's when. Even DH spontaneously described it as cute and asked when it was going to be done and posted here. Oh damn the linen-and-cotton blend! It's good not having to figure out how big a baby is going to be when the weather is appropriate for wool, but it's not so good waiting for cotton/linen to dry.

How adorable are the little pockets!?! They aren't big enough to hold much, but I'm thinking of making a wee knitted toy to put in them. Any good ideas for something that will fit in a 2x2" pocket?

Since I had so much work to do this weekend, it seemed like an appropriate time to cast on and get completely caught up in knitting a new shawl.

This is the beginning of Echo Flower (by Jenny Johnson) which I am calling Mr Eko Flower, because I'm freakishly obsessed with LOST. No matter that it makes no sense at all to name a shawl after a dead character who never wore a shawl.

8 comments:

Thea said...

remember Kilroy was here? The little head with the eyes peeking over the wall? He'd fit!

mooncalf said...

I'm imagining a teeny tiny kangaroo.

When I was little I had a coat with pockets and each had a little animal living in it. They were tethered on with little cords to stop them falling out in the street. Might be an idea...

mooncalf said...

Also, I love your LOST logic :)

We're watching the final season via the magic of iTunes. So exciting whenever there is a new episode to download!

Julie said...

so adorable!! I love the little pockets and the beige trim.

tina said...

What a cute wee sweater!!! Love it!

Also love the new shawl----- it is in my faves. Of course I need to reknit Feather Duster sized not for a dog!!

Allyson said...

That baby sweater is adorable! I hate when projects won't dry! It's the worst. You just want to wear it, or send it off, and it just won't stop being so difficult.

soknitpicky said...

Oooh! Can't wait to see the buttons on. So cute!

betty said...

Those pockets are cute indeed. It has quite the tailored look.