Monday, June 21, 2010

FO: Poofy bath mat


Voila! This is secret project #1, which I am excited to finally be able to show! It's a poofy bath mat, designed by Silvana (aka Rosalia) in my knit group. Here is the pattern,  free on Ravelry!

It is very poofy and soft indeed, and Cammy loved it so much that I had to sticky-roller the mat to remove any cat hairs a few times before taking  pictures. The leaves protrude upwards and cushion any feet that might dare step on such a piece of art.

The yarn is Plymouth Fantasy Naturale Solid, a cotton worsted-aran weight, held double. The pattern calls for Sugar & Cream, but the nearest place that carries that is too much gas mileage away. I ended up using 497 yards (~3.5 skeins) of the main color and 58.5 yards (~0.5 skein) of the contrast color...so basically half a skein of each was leftover to make a matching scrubbie.

6 comments:

soknitpicky said...

So cool!

VeganCraftastic said...

Very cute, I love the scrubbie too!

Thea said...

I love it!

and the bonus scrubbie.


Hope you're getting lots of bike riding in....

Allyson said...

How cute! I love practical home-y knitting projects like this. The colors you chose are great! It looks like a fun stitch pattern

Julie said...

oh wow, I love it!! I fantasize about knitting the perfect bathmat fairly regularly, this might be just the one!

emicat said...

Love it! How big is the mat? I'd love to make one for my bathroom :)