Sunday, June 13, 2010

Transportastic

Finally, schedules and weather cooperated, and DH took me to get a belated birthday prezzie:

Yay! Not only is it orange, it has argyle patterns! I have grand plans to bike to work every day--not that grand really, since work is 4 blocks away. Also, I'm already gearing up (heh) for all the free beignets I'm going to get at knit night; we knit at Cafe Ventana, where anyone who bikes there can get a free beignet!

My next project is going to be a lace edging for the top of the basket (sort of like these shelf-liners that mooncalf made), and a cozy for the bell (the plainest one at the shop still has a big sticker saying "I heart my bike," which although I agree, seems a bit much). Fortunately, there's some orange yarn leftover from this shawl, just enough for some bicycle-bling.

7 comments:

VeganCraftastic said...

Oooh, I love the color, super cute!

Sereknitty said...

That orange is very yummy!

mooncalf said...

Beautiful bike.

I like your idea of accessories too!

mooncalf said...

And now, thanks to google, I know what a beignet is.

Yum!

Siga said...

Amazing orange. Love it.

Julie said...

wow, that's the cutest bike I've ever seen!! what an awesome birthday gift!!!

Rainy Daisy said...

that. bike. is. awesome.

!!