Thursday, October 28, 2010

Knit crush

I've been knitting off and on for most of my life, so after a brief frisson of excitement about a pattern or yarn, I churn through knits with solid fidelity and subdued enthusiasm. So it is rare indeed that I have such an intense and endorphine/dopamine-laced crush on a pattern/idea! It has been so exciting that I've bought the yarn at full price at 2 different stores, had it all wound without even checking gauge, bought the pattern, and cast on before reading the pattern. And then I swatched, didn't get gauge, and thought, heck, I'll just make a different size. Some knitter-knit pairs are just meant to be.
dreamincolor-sock


The object of my affection is Cityscape, by cosmicplutoknits, from the last Twist. Except, it's gonna be a nighttime cityscape, with a sparkly dark grey Dream in Color Starry for the sky, and a dusky violet Dream in color Smooshy for the main body/buildings. I absolutely adore cityscapes and townscapes, and outlines of buildings in general. (This is why I have to limit my Etsy escapades to once a quarter.) Cityscape + yoked sweater + night scene + yummy perfect yarn = mad knit crush. Be still, tachycardic heart!

PS: Also, I would love to crochet this brain hat by Flint Knits, or two of them...when two neurologists marry each other, surely there is some space in the hat drawer for brain hats! Alas, it is a bit too late for this halloween, esp with all the sweater-knitting and all.

6 comments:

betty said...

I also loved that brain hat when I first saw it, but I believe I saw an even better one some time ago that involved knitting a basic cap and then sewing on a TON of i-cord in squiggly brain pattern. I cannot find that pattern again though.

mooncalf said...

I suck at colour work so I steer clear of anything like this but I love your plan and I love your sparkly yarn idea.

It is going to be ace!

Thea said...

that's going to be gorgeous!!!

and yes, make the brain hat :-) everyone needs one.

emicat said...

Oh I love the brain hat! I need to find a knit pattern for it as I don't know how to crochet. I think a nighttime cityscape will be awesome for that cardi! You got bit bad by this patten - love it :)

VeganCraftastic said...

That's going to be an awesome sweater!

Mommab@sbcglobal.net said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhh awwwwwwwwwwwww I am in love with that sweater. wow if you find it too large for you let me know I know a woman (oh me) that it may fit. Although I am shrinking latlety . Actually I have lost 60 lbs so far and have 43 more to loose. I cant wait to be 140 again. you are such a beautiful and talented lady!!!