Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Snow peacock chart

Remember snow peacock?
Cammy does!

It's been 9 months, but spurred by a request through Ravelry, I updated the chart I made to knit this shawl. Here is the PDF, free!

The original shawl is available online (also free) as Snow Peacock by Tonks, which is pretty much the same thing as Panache by Lankakomero. However I changed all of the decreases to lean symmetrically and in the correct direction, added beading in a peacock feather pattern, and just plain redid the outer rows so the shawl would drape better.

You will need to know how to read a chart, bead using the crochet method, knit lace, and bind on/off. I did 12 repeats of the chart, but 8 would probably be sufficient for a semicircle. Cast on the same number of stitches as the number of repeats you want to do, plus 1-2 selvage stitches at the edges, and go to town! Markers are strongly recommended between repeats. I chose peacocky yarn and beads, but this would be very pretty in white with white/silver beads!

If you find any errors please comment or contact me, so I can fix straightaway.

5 comments:

orata said...

beautiful! Thanks for sharing it!

CindyCindy said...

Stunning!

Sarah said...

Wow, so beautiful. And your cat is really cute! My cats like to lay on whatever I'm using too.

Julie said...

So awesome!! thanks for posting the chart.

Carol said...

Thanks a million for sharing your chart.
juno
xx