Wednesday, May 18, 2011

For mushroom hunters

Is this mushroom edible?
mushroom1


The mushrooms are thriving in the damp, cool weather. This looks like portobello, but a bit lumpier and bronzed. So, any old-and-wise mushroom hunters out there (for there is no other kind of mushroom hunter), is this edible? Because if it is, there are other ones nearby. [Zoom out.]
mushroom2
Gaah, I love the bright green of the leaves on the lower right!

Also, knitting content: The New York Times found out about yarn bombing, like 5 years late.

3 comments:

Gidgetknits said...

I don't know if they're edible, but they are very beautiful.

betty said...

They are pretty, but I don't think I'd trust anyone's opinion over da web about whether they are edible or not! I value my liver too much!

tamdoll said...

Never saw mushrooms like that, kind of looking shiny. I have a friend that gathers mushrooms in the woods and I think she's so brave, I wouldn't trust myself to eat anything wild. I wonder if you could take them somewhere that would give you information? A community garden center? cooperative extension?