Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Slowest FO EVER

Gaaaah. All lace knitting done on the ASH hoodie cardi. Now it's taking its sweet time blocking (48 hours and counting).
ASH3

After it's dry, we shall endure the 1) seaming of the sleeves, 2) setting-in of the sleeves, 3) picking-up of a billion stitches around buttonband and hood, 4) knitting buttonband, 5) doing i-cord cast-off on big-ass buttonband, 6) buying matching separating zipper, 7) sewing in zipper, and 8) re-blocking. Le grand sigh.

On a happier note, I started a new project, a purple version of my Peachy baby sweater. Here is the wonderfully relaxing stockinette portion. Strangely enough, it's the same yarn (Cascade Heritage Sock) and needles as the ASH cardi!
peachy-purple1

You'll be seeing scads of baby-related knitting projects in the next few months. Just so you don't have to ask...I'm not pregnant. But apparently it's breeding season for people I know! :)

3 comments:

mooncalf said...

I'm sure all your hard work will be worth it. You're so close!

tina said...

It is going to be phenominally gorgeous though Yo-El! Those longggggg projects really test your starch, don't they?

Gidgetknits said...

I've just been through baby season myself! Looking forward to seeing the ASH hoodie.