Sunday, August 21, 2011

Winning

sign

Another August, another field trip to the Missouri State Fair.

food

After a delicious and nutritious meal, we made a beeline for the home ec building.

silvana-vest

Look! Ribbons! Hooray hooray!! Silvana won in the sweater category, with this beautiful fair isle Ivy League Vest.

We couldn't find my Peacock Shawl for a while, then DH spotted it in a totally different display case.
peacock

Yay yay yay! A blue ribbon for the shawl category and a purple rosette for "best in knitting" division!!

wall-of-winners

I am super excited! And grimy from the long ride. But more excited! Here I am excitedly gesturing at my name on the "Wall of Winners!" Unfortunately my body/arm is not quite winningly long enough; I am pointing about a foot below my actual name. No matter, it's such an awesome idea, a giant sign saying "wall of winners"--everyone should do this at home!

So that's 2 for 2 for our knitting group! I'll let the good news soak in for a day or two, then share the rest of the many pictures from the fair next time.

14 comments:

Flat Creek Farm said...

Congrats - that's wonderful! -Tammy

Rose Red said...

How exciting! Congratulations!

betty said...

Congrats!

I haven't been to the CA state fair in eons. I remember liking the cows. I've never thought about entering anything for judging.

mooncalf said...

WOW!!!!!!!

Well done!! I'm so excited and pleased for you :D

Cindy said...

Kudos!!!!! That is quite an achievement.

Anonymous said...

I love the purple rosette you received for Best in Knitting. I hope you frame it! A proud moment indeed for the Tuesday night knitters.

Congratulations!

I also hope the rest of your trip is fun and relaxing.

Silvana

Calophi said...

Congratulations! It's so awesome that you have the courage to enter your work. I'm too scared to try. :)

I think I used the same pattern for my veil that you used for your peacock shawl. Not blocked yet, but:

http://ravel.me/Calophi/sp

tina said...

Best. News. Ever. CONGRATS!

green LA girl said...

Congratulations!! :)

Average Jane said...

Congratulations! It's a beautiful sweater.

Sharripie said...

Congratulations! That is a very handsome rosette, and gorgeous lace! Well done!

emicat said...

w00h00! congrats on the blue ribbon win :) When I saw your post last year on entering knits for the fair, I totally was going to do so this year. Sadly, the only project I've really finished this year has some little flaws and I don't want to picture someone looking at it with a fine tooth comb and scoffing at all my mistakes :P Maybe next year!

Gidgetknits said...

That's brilliant! Congratulations!

soknitpicky said...

Congratulations! I'm glad to see it decently displayed and not all scrunched up like other photos you've shown us in years past.