Saturday, November 19, 2011

Back! With FOs!

Oooof, that was a long blogging break--many work deadlines (including what is hopefully my last board exam) all fell within a month of each other, and so there was a lot of frizzy running around and no knitting at all. I finished these FO's before the month of craziness, and did not even have time to take pictures or post. But here they are finally!

cowl-blue


cowl-red


Pattern is Bridget Cowl, by Elena Rosenberg. I had been wanting to knit a moebius cowl/snood/shawl, and picked this pattern because I thought it was knit in the round as a moebius. Actually, it is knit like a short scarf and then seamed together. I cast-on with provisional cast-on, put the final live stitches on scrap yarn, blocked (this lace pattern grows a lot), then seamed using kitchener stitch.

cowls-preblock


The pattern calls for 3 rows of ribbing at the end, which I didn't understand and thought it would mess up the lace pattern, so I skipped those rows (also I just hate ribbing!). Otherwise, the only other mod was a slightly longer length. The pattern calls for knitting 30" before seaming. To be able to wear it as a snood and as a shoulder shawl sort of thingy, a few more inches are needed. 34-35" should be good for a small-medium build woman. I was able to use up every last bit of a skein each of Madelinetosh Vintage (worsted weight, 200 yards, in Tart), and Angel's Kiss (worsted weight, 220 yards, in Ocean Tones). The red one (Madelinetosh) is a touch small (32" before seaming) but ok for me, and the blue one turned out about 35-36" and fits better over the shoulders. Overall, this is a quick and versatile accessory great for using up those single skeins of pretty yarn, and perfect for gift knitting!

2 comments:

Lilith said...

Pretty colors

xx
lilithfashion.blogspot.com

Tina said...

Good job! Now back to your usual knitting at breakneck speed!